Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's the end of the world as we know it....

No rapture yet? Wow, I'm shocked....

Now on to real things. The last few days have been an up and down of success and less-than-success stories. I had a fantastic workout on Wednesday - it really kicked my butt and gave me a good list of things that I can do at home as well, including crazy things called groiners that are seriously ass-kicking. A sequence that I will likely be doing at home as much as I can: 20 cross-leg mountain climbers, 15 pushups, 10 groiners, and 5 burpees. Also, around the world lunges with a kettle bell was another great one that I'll work into my workouts at home/gym.

I was grump last night so the wife and I went to a cheap Mexican restaurant for margaritas. Two margaritas, camaron diablos with corn tortillas, and some chips and salsa later I was overly-stuffed and a bit tipsy. Not the best for a diet, but also not the worst in the end.

I just attempted to recreate a favorite sandwich from a local eatery - a tempeh bacon BLT. It was good, but the tempeh bacon I got from Whole Foods was not nearly as good as the bacon at the restaurant where I got this sandwich originally. Ezekiel bread, olive oil mayo, 1/2 avocado, fresh cracked pepper, tomato, romaine, and tempeh bacon is a nice filling lunch though, paired with a few more slices of tomato on the side, because come on, I'm southern. We always love sliced tomatoes just eaten by themselves. I made the wifey a falafel salad with romaine, tomato, 1/2 avocado, 3 frozen falafel balls from Trader Joes, and a bit of a french vinaigrette. I'll likely eat a blueberry, watermelon, and mango popsicle in a bit while I watch this week's episode of Doctor Who.

We got our bikes back from the shop yesterday, decked out with new back racks and water bottle holders. Got them home and immediately attached our milk crates to the back, then I realized that getting on and off my bike was now a complete ordeal b/c of the crates. Because I'm so short (5'5) I have to throw my leg over the back of the bike to mount it, and with the crate, it's taller back there than I'm comfortable with, so I'll likely take the crate off for regular rides and just bungee tie my bag down to the rack directly. The crate will be great if I need to run to the store though on the bike for something, so I'll keep it around. I think I want to invest in some night-time lights for the bike so I can also bike at dusk/dawn and occasionally at night a bit more safely.

Tonight, I'll be going to a BBQ with some friends and then down to a huge neighborhood block party. I'm going to try to limit my unhealthy food and beer intake, but I'm sure I'll at least have 3-4 beers. I need to take a dish, so I've got to figure that out this afternoon. Hopefully I can figure out something I can make with stuff at home, or just run by Trader Joes and pick up something decently healthy.

Until next time guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment